Updated Board and Batten

Hello and welcome to Friday.  Can I get a whoop whoop?

A few weekends ago I decided it was time to upgrade the board and batten in the back entry.  I wanted it to be a little taller and more hooks.  I felt like only the kids had room for their jackets and backpacks.  Their stuff was hogging it all.

Well now everyone's got some space.  We do have a coat closet to the left but it's easy to just walk in and hang up your purse or jacket without immediately going to the closet.


I had some leftover pieces from the bottom poplar boards in the garage so I just extended it up.  I like the two rows of hooks instead of just the one.


I had to buy a 1x4 for the top horizontal board and a 1x2 for the ledge.  I like the little ledge at the top so I can lean stuff on it.  For now it's got my paint stick project and a blue monogram.  It also gives it a finished look.


Check out those hooks.  I originally was going to go with the larger hooks that matched the lower ones from Ikea.  So glad I changed my mind.  These have some curve and stand out better.


And from the other side.



Here's the before.


And now.  Better?


I love it.  I don't know why I didn't do this the first time.  You live and you learn right?

Have a great weekend friends.  Make it a good one.  



You're reading Updated Board and Batten by Andrea, originally posted on Decorating Cents.  If you've enjoyed this post, be sure to follow Andrea on Facebook, Pinterest, Bloglovin, and Hometalk.

Sharing with
Chic on a Shoestring Decorating * Diana Rambles * My Suburban Kitchen *

Comments

  1. This is such a nice entry way. It has a really clean look but its such a functional organizational piece! Jacinta

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love to read your thoughts and comments!

Popular posts from this blog

Wall Mounted TV and Hiding The Cords

Installing Ikea Lack Shelves

Sunburst In The Dining Room