Big Boy Room Plans

Well my little man will be 3 this spring.  Where oh where did the time go?  We just moved him out of his crib to a big boy bed so of course my gears starting turning on re-decorating his room.  I was sad to let go of the crib but so excited that we are starting a new chapter.

Here is the nursery that I did when he was born.



I still love the colors so not much will be changing.  I plan on swapping the light blue for green though.  Just to throw in a little bit of a change.

Here's what I'm thinking.

  
I definitely wanted navy blue and white striped bedding, which I already bought.  It was the first new thing for the room.  The navy was a color I wanted for his nursery but never incorporated.

His new twin bed is still dark espresso.  It was a must for me.  I love the dark against the lighter gray and white stripes.  It also matches the color of his dresser which is staying.  Glad we bought it instead of a changing table from the start so now we don't have to buy another piece of furniture.

For storage, he is inheriting his sister's Ikea Trofast.  I may need to get more bins though.  One of hers was pink so that definitely is not going to work in his room.  I am still keeping his stained crates, but they might get a little makeover.  They will hold books and toys.  I removed the Ikea wall shelves since he pulled one down.  They never stood a chance.

I plan to add more color with pillows and artwork.  I like this blue and white pillow from Ikea.  The orange chevron pillow I already have so we'll see if it makes its way to this room.  I think I'm going to keep the chevron rug for now since it does keep orange in the room.  I also like the idea of a blueprint in the space.  I am taking away the animals and giving him a cars theme.  Well, not so much a theme, but he loves hot wheels and I think he will love the cars throughout the room.  The animals are too baby so they are going away. 

I like the idea of adding a few industrial elements like this metal letter and blue print.  I also like the captain's mirror but not sure where I would put it.

So , what do you think?  Do you love the plans as much as I do?  I've already started on some things so hopefully this room won't take long to finish. 

 
You're reading Big Boy Room Plans by Andrea, originally posted on Decorating Cents.  If you've enjoyed this post, be sure to follow Andrea on Facebook, Pinterest, Bloglovin, and Hometalk.

Sharing with
A Stroll Thru Life * Flamingo Toes * Home Stories A to Z * Homework * Ladybug Blessings * New Nostalgia * Sugarbee Crafts * The Winthrop Chronicles * DIY by Design * Savvy Southern Style * Ginger Snap Crafts * Simply Designing * The Blissful Bee * Chic on a Shoestring Decorating * Just Us Four * The Answer is Chocolate *

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wall Mounted TV and Hiding The Cords

Installing Ikea Lack Shelves

Sunburst In The Dining Room