Best Projects of 2014

Well hello there friends.  How was your Christmas?  Ours was great.  We have Christmas at our house early and drove down to visit family out of state for Christmas morning.  There are so many toys laying around it's driving me crazy!!  I've enjoyed the break being home with the kids and doing nothing.  I really needed this break.

My mom gave me a break yesterday and I decided to pack up the Christmas decor.  I loved it but I was ready to get my house back to normal.  It's funny how long it takes to put up the tree and decorate but takes minutes to pull everything down.  I'm still finding glitter all over the house.  I've been on a cleaning frenzy...getting rid of old toys and other things we don't use.  I'm hoping to make my last trip to Goodwill for the year today.

I started the year off with a makeover to my daughter's bathroom.


I took on another West Elm inspired project...DIY sculptural spheres.
 

I finally finished the hall bathroom.  This is primarily my son's bathroom but would be used by guests that come to stay.

 

We started on the upstairs loft.  We wall mounted the TV and framed it with a gallery of family photos.


Needing more change in the dining room, I sold our old dining chairs and bought new tufted ones.


This simple paint stick project made a colorful impact on our garage entry.  It looks great above our board and batten wall.

  

After a long time of thinking about it, I finally took the plunge and painted the front door dark gray.  It completely changed the look of our foyer.


To bring some organization in  the kitchen, I painted a chalkboard on the inside of a pantry door.


Our back patio got some love this summer.  I brought in bright colors and a fun  place for our family to relax in the outdoors.


My napkin pillow covers were a hit.  They were super easy and cost next to nothing.
  
The kitchen changed a little too...new tolix style bar stools.

 
I kept things simple for fall.  My favorite was my fall table.


Of course we ended the year with Christmas decor.  The tree was gold, silver, and blue.  To coordinate with the tree was ornament garland and an entry table.

 

I love looking back and seeing all the things we've accomplished around our house.  I look forward to a productive and fun 2015.

 
You're reading Best Projects of 2014 by Andrea, originally posted on Decorating Cents.  If you've enjoyed this post, be sure to follow Andrea on Facebook, Pinterest, Bloglovin, and Hometalk.

Sharing with
Classy Clutter * Thrifty Decor Chick *

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wall Mounted TV and Hiding The Cords

Installing Ikea Lack Shelves

Sunburst In The Dining Room