DIY Decorative Box

I was browsing through Homegoods a couple weeks ago and came upon the aisle with decorative boxes.  I stuck a few in my cart and kept moving.  Before heading to checkout, I decided to put them back.  I liked the pattern of the boxes but wasn't that in love with the color.  I knew I could make my own.
 

I always keep shoe boxes because I never know when they'll come in handy.  I pulled out a small one and some scrapbook paper.  These would be perfect to make my own box.  


I simply cut and wrapped the scrapbook paper around the box like I was wrapping a present.  I adhered the paper to the box with mod podge.
  
After my paper was on, I gave the whole outside a coat of mod podge to seal it and give it a nice sheen.
 

I wasn't sure exactly where my box was going initially but it ended up on the expedit in the entry hall.  It's the perfect perch for my DIY sphere.
 


Even though I've had this scrapbook paper forever, I still love the pattern and mix of blues.
 

I switched up a few of the accessories on the expedit too.  The blue vase on top is from Homegoods.  The white bird used to sit on the side table in the family room.  With my son walking now, I was afraid it was going to get knocked off on his head.  I picked up a gold urchin from Target.  I still like my DIY urchin that sits on the coffee table in the living room but it didn't hurt to have a real one.


I like changing things up a bit.  Sometimes I walk through the house looking for things I can change.  I still like my blue frames too.  I need to make this gallery larger and put up more photos.

 

All it took was a walk in Homegoods to get me to re-arrange the items here.  Glad I could add a little more blue.


 
You're reading DIY Decorative Box by Andrea, originally posted on Decorating Cents.  If you've enjoyed this post, be sure to follow Andrea on Facebook, Pinterest, Bloglovin, and Hometalk.

Sharing with
The Blissful Bee * DIY by Design * Ginger Snap Crafts * Simply Designing * Persia Lou * Embracing Change * A Creative Princess * House of Rose * Chic on a Shoestring Decorating * Just Us Four * Remodelaholic * The 36th Avenue * Simply Sweet Home * The Answer is Chocolate * The Grant Life * The Shabby Nest * A Bowl Full of Lemons * A Stroll Thru Life * Elizabeth and Co * Home Stories A to Z * Homework * Kammy's Korner * Sugar Bee Crafts * The Gunny Sack * The Winthrop Chronicles * Thrifty Decor Chick *

Comments

  1. Ah! Looks great! I always keep shoe boxes too... until my kids get to them and smash them up. ;) Would you come by and link up with us at The Makers link party over at persialou.com?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This turned out so great! Who would even know that it started out as a shoe box?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks awesome! But blue is my favorite color so pretty much I love anythings blue. It turned out great!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love to read your thoughts and comments!

Popular posts from this blog

Wall Mounted TV and Hiding The Cords

Installing Ikea Lack Shelves

Sunburst In The Dining Room