Kitchen Bar Stools

A couple months back I scored a great deal on some Tolix style bar stools.  Target had them on sale and I had been eying them since they hit the shelves.  The previous brown metal bar stools had seen their last leg.  The padded faux leather seats were no longer providing cushion under the bum and the plastic feet protectors were gone.  That's not a good thing when your five year old refuses to lift it off the floor when pulling it out to sit on.  I was afraid the floor would start to suffer.
 

When I first noticed them in Target, they were more than I was willing to pay for new stools.  The regular price is $95 a pair.  I had even checked Garden Ridge and Overstock several times but they were never on sale enough.  Garden Ridge sold them for $40 a piece, which isn't bad at all, and Overstock usually had them two for $100.  On this particular day in Target, they were on sale for $76 a pair plus there was an extra 30% off using Cartwheel.  I call that a major deal!
 

I had previously come across the same stools but in green in Target.  If I remember correctly they were on clearance for $56 a pair.  They must have been a return because I don't think the green is sold in stores.  I seriously considered them.  Since green was going to be a new accent color, maybe they could work.  I even thought about spray painting them blue but then thought about how much the color would rub off around the foot bars.  I ended up leaving them in the store because I wasn't 100% about them.  I would just keep looking.

 

The things I liked about them is that they were one piece and the silver coordinates with the rest of the kitchen.  The other stools were dark brown and got lost in the island.  They are easy to move with one hand with the cutout in the middle.  With them being metal, they are easy to clean and they don't wobble.  I also don't have to worry about screws coming lose.


Since these are sold in pairs we now have four bar stools, one for each of us.  Before there were only three.
 

I love how they add an industrial element to our otherwise modern kitchen.  They are kid friendly and I don't have to worry about replacing them for a while.  I would have liked to have found a nice blue color but so far I've turned up empty.  I guess I'll have to add more blue in the kitchen in other ways.

What's your latest Target score?



Sharing with
Between Naps on the Porch * Homecoming * Keeping it Simple * Lines Across * Skip to My Lou * Under the Table and Dreaming * Delineate Your Dwelling * DIY be Design * Handy Man Crafty Woman * Life With the Crust Cut Off * Simply Designing * The Blissful Bee * The Shabby Nest * House of Rose * Chic on a Shoestring Decorating * Just Us Four * The Answer is Chocolate * Remodelaholic * Today's Creative Blog * Classy Clutter * Thrifty Decor Chick *

Comments

  1. I have loved these since they brought them in the store. They look nice in your kitchen, they compliment the stainless appliances.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your choice for barstools. Really add a sharp upscale look to the kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Total steal! Love the way they look in your kitchen! (And I love me some Cartwheel!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I <3 your silver paint! Have some spray paint in that color to play with when the weathers nice:) Pinned

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the choice you made, the natural metal looks wonderful in your kitchen, and the industrial look is so hot right now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful kitchen. I love that you have dark cabinets and that the stools coordinate with your steel appliances. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those stools look great. The industrial look really works in the space. I love your kitchen too!

    If you have a minute to spare I'd be thrilled if you could pop by and share your post at my weekly Say G'Day Saturday linky party. This post would be a great addition!

    Best wishes,
    Natasha in Oz

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the new stools! Great finishing touch to your pretty kitchen!

    Alison
    Nancherrow

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love to read your thoughts and comments!

Popular posts from this blog

Wall Mounted TV and Hiding The Cords

Installing Ikea Lack Shelves

Sunburst In The Dining Room