Gray Front Door

Well I finally did it.  Paint the front door that is.  I've been seeing the interiors of front doors being painted around the web forever and wanted to give it a try.  It's just paint right?  If it didn't work out, I could paint it back white.  But turns out I love it!

  

I was going back and forth between a gray door and a blue door.  The main accent color throughout our home is blue so I was going to go blue.  The husband had the final say.  He didn't want a blue door so I went gray.  We loved the dark gray in the loft so much, we used it on the front door interior too.  The color is Behr Intellectual.


I painted the door Saturday afternoon.  After it was painted, it was hard not to walk by and think that the door wasn't open.  It takes a second glance to make sure it is indeed closed.  The dark gray door gives the entry a deep, moodier look.  I thought the space would feel darker but it doesn't, just a deeper contrast between the beige and white.  I used a regular paint brush to apply my paint.  Our door has a wood grain texture to it so I don't have to worry about paint lines.  The paint dries into the lines on the door.  I went with a satin finish.




It even looks good from above in the loft.  The door pops out from the neutral walls.  The door doesn't fall flat with the rest of the trim and board and batten.

  
Now for a before and after.  So much better huh?  I love the difference paint makes.
 

I'm so glad I decided to paint the front door.  I don't know what took me this long to paint it anyway.  Fear of not liking it maybe?  I'm starting to eye some other doors around the house to add some color to.

Have you painted any interior doors?  Did you love the results?



Sharing with
DIY Showoff * It's So Very Cheri * Between Naps on the Porch * Creatively Living * Making the World Cuter * Sew Can Do * Skip To My Lou * A Bowl Full of Lemons * A Stroll thru Life * Home Stories A to Z * Homework * Ladybug Blessings * Hope Studios * New Nostalgia * Not Just a Housewife * The Gunny Sack * The Winthrop Chronicles * Tiny Sidekick * Ginger Snap Crafts * DIY by Design * Handy Man Crafty Woman * My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia * Sew Much Ado * Life With the Crust Cut Off * Someday Crafts * The Blissful Bee * The Dedicated House * A Creative Princess * A Glimpse Inside * Embracing Change * It Happens In a Blink * Remodelaholic * House of Rose * Chic on a Shoestring Decorating * Just Us Four * Thrifty Decor Chick *

Comments

  1. It looks great!! What a cool way to add interest to the entryway!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your entry looks so clean and fresh. I painted the inside of our door white to match the faux wainscotting and cover up some scuffs on the varnished wood. I'm kinda sick of painting, tho I love the results!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've usually painted my doors black - but have been thinking of a deep grey lately - this cements it for me - it looks FABULOUS !!!
    Thanks for sharing - hopping over from Not just a housewife
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the gray door and I am totally jealous of such a fabulous entry. Thanks tons for linking to Inspire Me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are getting ready to paint our interior doors - I love how this turned out. Stopping by from someday crafts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks great! I wouldn't have thought it would made such a difference - Thank you for posting this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks great! I've been thinking of painting ours too. Love how yours turned out!

    -Erin @ DIY on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it! We painted the outside of our front door dark gray awhile back, and I keep meaning to get around to doing the inside, too. Maybe seeing yours will be the thing that finally motivates me :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love it! Thank you for sharing. You are one of the features at The Round-Up from the Before and After party at The Dedicated House. Here is the link so you can check out your feature. http://www.thededicatedhouse.com/2014/05/the-round-up-from-before-and-after.html Hope to see you again at the bash! Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete
  10. You made a great choice with that dark gray color for your door. It matched the color of your walls well. That new contrast in color made the ambiance of the place more lively and appealing. Also, I love the glass window on the side of your door. It brings out a sophisticated vibe to the area. Thanks for sharing that, Andrea! All the best to you!

    Doug Lowe @ MM Glass Ltd

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love to read your thoughts and comments!

Popular posts from this blog

Wall Mounted TV and Hiding The Cords

Installing Ikea Lack Shelves

Sunburst In The Dining Room