Wreath Advent


And the countdown begins.  My daughter is already asking what day Christmas is.  It seems like every commercial now has some toy or gadget and she wants every single one of them.  The toys keep getting re-made so nothing is really new.

She was excited with the snowman advent last year so I figured I had to give her something to keep up with the excitement this year too.  I already had all the supplies on hand so it made this project cheap and easy.

cardboard
scrapbook paper
clothespins
numbers
craft paint
scissors
glue


I cut the cardboard into a circle and glued a piece of scrapbook paper on top.  I had some zig zag scissors so I used those to give the edge something different.
 

I counted out 25 clothespins and had my daughter paint the fronts in red.  When they were dry, I hot glued them around the circle.
 
 
I cut out the numbers and we glued coordinating paper to the back.  Each number went into a clothespin.
 

I glued a picture hanger to the back so we can hang it somewhere close by.  Not sure where this guy is gonna end up but of course it will need to be at her level.
 

Each day's number will be associated with an activity or special treat. 


Are you ready for the countdown?  This last month of the year will be over before we know it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wall Mounted TV and Hiding The Cords

Installing Ikea Lack Shelves

Sunburst In The Dining Room