Giving Chevron A Chance...Kind Of


I wanted to add some of the ever popular chevron to my decor.  A throw pillow seemed right since it's small and if I didn't like it I can easily change it.  So me being me, I decided to DIY my own cover.  I bought some acrylic paint and fabric medium from Michael's.  The fabric medium is supposed to make the paint washable.  We'll see.  Onward.


Supplies used:
acrylic paint
fabric medium
fabric
chevron template
foam brush
contact paper

I used a chevron template from here and traced it onto my contact paper.  After tracing, I cut each strip of chevron and applied them to the fabric.



I mixed 2 parts paint with 1 part fabric medium.  I used black paint since I think some black and white would be a good contrast to the other colors in the room.



I started painting.  It was fairly easy but took me several coats to fill in all the white spots.



I tried being patient and wait for the paint to dry but couldn't.  I just had to pull the template off.



Looks ok right?  Yeah until you get up close.  The lines aren't as crisp as I would like them to be and there was some bleeding in areas.  Maybe it's the perfectionist in me.  I thought I pushed down all the edges of the paper.  Guess not.  Not sure if I'm going to use this piece for my pillow or start again.  I don't want my guests looking all hard at my pillow and scrunch their noses cause my chevron lines are crooked.  Feel me?  I know next time to use a foam roller instead of brush.  I had to blot with the brush and wasn't smooth but also I think it probably took longer this way.  Back to the drawing board.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wall Mounted TV and Hiding The Cords

Installing Ikea Lack Shelves

Sunburst In The Dining Room